Students on the Hifz Course embark on the noble task of committing to memorise the whole Quran. They undergo a rigorous routine of memorization designed to enable completion within three years. In addition to their daily assessments, regular evaluations take place through 6 weekly examinations. In addition to this, a six-weekly report of the student’s progress is sent to parents.
Emphasis is given to the importance of Tajweed (Phonetics of the Quran) and rules of recitation. The Hafiz (one who memorises the whole Quran) has historically played a key role in the preservation of the Qur’an, and continues to do so today.
We at Darul Uloom Bolton, have many experienced teachers to maintain the high standards that we expect of ourselves. We have a unique structure in the Hifz course promoting excellence and high standards between students.
We at the Darul Uloom pride ourselves for being an institute where all endeavours are made to guarantee our students receive the very best education possible.
The Dars-e-Nizaami (Syllabus) which is taught to the Islamic Theology classes (Alim Class) is continuously reviewed and enhanced to ensure it remains vigorous and robust. We strive to equip our students with necessities, both academic and otherwise, to make certain they can face any challenge that confronts them with confidence.
We believe that while remaining true to our conventional and time-honoured programme of study is essential, a balance of traditional and current curricular is necessary.
The course covers the following subjects:
- Arabic Grammar (Syntax and Morphology)
- Arabic Literature (Speech, Composition, and Rhetoric)
- Islamic Beliefs (Aqeedah)
- Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence (Usul-ul-Fiqh)
- Fiqh (Jurisprudence)
- Usul-ul-Hadith (Sciences of Hadith Interpretation)
- Hadith (Prophetic Traditions)
- Usul-ut-Tafsir (Principles of Exegesis)
- Tafsir-ul-Qur’an (Exegesis)
- Seerah (Prophetic Biography)
- Qira’ah (Science of Recitation of the Holy Qur’aan)
- Qira’at-e-Sab’ah (Science of the seven modes of Qur’anic recitation)
- Qira’at-e-Asharah (Science of the ten modes of Qur’anic recitation)
Darul Uloom constantly strives to provide the highest level of Education to its students. We have great aspirations for our students and dedicate ourselves to providing an environment where they can achieve them. Our interactive, ever adapting teaching methods aim to inspire, motivate and instil intellectual curiosity within pupils to achieve the best academic results possible.
Darul Uloom provides up to ten subjects at GCSE Level, taught by qualified, experienced teachers, to ensure our students receive the best possible foundation on their route to Higher Education.
Darul Uloom provides the following subjects that lead to a GCSE qualification:
- Core Science
- Religious Studies
- Information Communication Technology
- Additional Science
Home Courses 6th Form
Darul Uloom is partnered with Bolton College who provides our students with BTEC Courses on the Bolton College site.
Darul Uloom provides the following courses in our 6th Form:
- BTEC Sports Science
- BTEC ICT
- BTEC Business Studies
- Teachers Assistant course L1-L3
- Education & Training L3
- Education & Training L5
- Functional Skills – Maths
- Functional Skills – English