The Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) has stated:
“A father gives his child nothing better than a good education and fine upbringing” [Tirmidhi]
It is for this reason at Al Jamiatul Islamiyyah, we aim to provide a full and balanced life in the caring family atmosphere of a Co-educational school; to enable young people to develop relationships and fulfill their potentials as individuals in a secure and happy environment and thereby learn to play their full part in society as a whole. We aspire to cultivate morality and inspire our students to graduate as able, confident citizens and outstanding role models for their society.
Our aim for each boarder by the time he graduates is that he:
- Establishes a system of contemplation, reflection and personal worship to seek to attain inner peace and harmony
- Acquires a character that is courageous, kind, merciful, spiritual, wise and one with strong Taqwa (piety)
- Learns to incorporate the essential practices and spirit of Islam in his daily life
- Learns the importance of playing his part in contributing to his family and society at large
- Learns the value of service, duty and self-discipline
- Learns to develop a sense of responsibility, tolerance and respect for himself and towards others
- Appreciates the role and importance of education and character-building
- Learns the value of friendship, selflessness and helping others
- Learns to be responsible for his own health and hygiene
- Appreciates respects and honours the environment.
At Al Jamiatul Islamiyyah the welfare of the students is paramount. In the Dormitories, we strive to achieve a warm, homely and nurturing environment. Children and young people are part of our community, entrusted upon us by Allah.
It is therefore our duty, responsibility and our privilege to nurture and cultivate in them learning moral and social values.
Our aims are realised by, among other things:
- Clear communication of the principles to and by those with boarding responsibilities
- Acceptance and adoption of these principles by those with responsibilities
- Implementation of appropriate policies and processes in the areas of pupil welfare
- Monitoring policies & practice and measurement & evaluation of boarding standards
- Dissemination of good practice through effective teamwork and communication
- Development of a sound model of pastoral care, appropriately staffed
- Appropriate physical conditions of at least minimum care standards
- Training and induction of those responsible for boarding
- Providing an organised and rich programme of activities beyond the curriculum